Skip to main content


Frequently Asked Questions

My child forgot homework/lunch/textbook/calculator. How can I get this to my child?

As of October 1st, 2018, College Park High School will no longer be accepting drop-off items during class time.  Please arrange to meet your student during brunch or lunch to drop off items. 

My child forgot sports uniform or sports equipment. How can I get this to my child?

As of October 1st, 2018, College Park High School will no longer be accepting drop-off items during class time.  Please arrange to meet your student during brunch or lunch to drop off items. 

When are athletic clearance forms due for sports?

Athletic Clearance forms for each school year must be dated on or after July 1 of the summer prior to the start of school.

The completed forms (including doctor’s signature) must be turned in to a coach on the first day of try-outs. Forms can be downloaded from the Athletic Boosters website or picked up in Student Services South.

I need to pick up my child from school during the school day. What process must I follow?

You will need to obtain a "Permit to Leave" for your student. If you wish to request a Permit to Leave for your student, please call the Attendance Office at least two hours ahead of the desired release time.  This will allow your student to be waiting for you and avoid unnecessary delays.  Failing to call ahead for a Permit to Leave can delay the release of your student and will increase the level of disruption to the classroom learning environment.  Be aware if your student is in PE, it could take up to 20 minutes to notify them and allow them to change clothes. The Permit to Leave number is (925) 682-7670, ext. 4444.

I have a question and don’t know who to ask. Where should I start? What is the best way to contact someone?

Due to limited hours and phone coverage, the best way to ask a question about College Park is by e-mail. The e-mail can then be forwarded to the appropriate person. For a list of office staff, please see Office Staff on the school website under the Administration Tab. The Position Title might help you to determine the best person to ask.

If you don’t know where to start, please send an e-mail to Ms. Cheng in the main office and she will direct you. Please allow 48 hours for a response.

Don’t forget, you can always use the Search Box on our school website to obtain helpful information.

I need to pick up my child for an appointment during the school day. How do I do that?

If a student must leave in the middle of the school day, the student must get a “Request to Leave” permit. Please see instructions for how to do this on the Attendance Office page. It is best to call ahead of time. Students who leave without obtaining a “Request to Leave” permit before leaving, will be marked truant.

How do I clear an absence for my child?

All attendance procedures are explained on the Attendance Office page.

I need to sign up (or forgot my password) for HomeLink. What should I do?

Please see instructions on the HomeLink page

Can I come on campus? If so, where can I park?

Visitors are allowed on campus only if they have a reason. All visitors must sign in at the main office and state the reason for the visit. You must obtain a temporary parking permit to park in either the staff parking lot or the student parking lot. Temporary parking permits are available when you sign in at the main office. Vehicles without parking permits will be ticketed. A campus map showing parking areas can be found on the home page of our website on the left side.

My child wants to attend a College Park dance. What needs to be done?

To attend any College Park dance, students must have a current student ID, students must purchase a ticket online or at the Treasurer’s office, AND students must turn in a signed permission slip.

Permission slips for any dance can be picked up in Student Services North or from the School Treasurer. Check the homepage before a scheduled dance or look for the appropriate Permission Slip.

To purchase a dance ticket from the Treasurer’s office:

Bring student ID, cash or check made out to CPHS, and signed permission slip to the Treasurer’s office at brunch or lunch to purchase a ticket.

Deadlines for dance ticket purchases and permission slip submission will be announced on the school website, in the student bulletin, and in the Falcon Flyer. The deadline for dance ticket purchases and return of permission slips are often one week BEFORE the scheduled event. Please help your child to plan accordingly.

How do I get a parking permit for my student?

Your student can pick up an application from the Treasurer's office or you can download the Parking Permit from our website.  The completed application should be turned in to the Treasurer at Brunch or Lunch with the requested documentation and $20 for the full year, $10 for the second semester only.  Only students with a valid drivers license may obtain a parking permit. Permits are sold on a first come basis, but we do not run out until approximately April.  Students obtaining their license at this time might not be able to obtain a permit and have to wait until the following year.

My child needs additional PE clothes. How can I purchase during the school year?

PE clothes can be purchased online at the CPHS Webstore any time during the year. The student simply needs to take the receipt to the PE teacher to receive the clothes.  Students can also take a check or cash to their class, give to their teacher to receive their items.