Skip to main content

College Recommendations for Undocumented and DACA Students

You can go to a 4-year or a 2-year college as an undocumented or DACA student

Tips for Researching Colleges
  • California has the highest percentage of colleges serving undocumented and DACA students (so you are in the right place). I recommend starting your college search in California
  • Look for sanctuary campuses or HSIs (Hispanic serving institutions)
  • Immigrants Rising is a GREAT resource that I encourage you to use--especially for scholarships
  • Make an appointment with Ms. Lowe for some help
Financial Aid
  • Starting October 1st, you can fill out the DREAM Act. It's the state equivalent of the FAFSA (which you cannot fill out)
  • AB540- If you qualify for AB540, you can qualify for in state tuition
  • If your parents are undocumented, but you are a US citizen then you will fill out FAFSA
  • If you are an academically competitive student, you should consider applying to a private college or university. Quite have small cohorts of undocumented students, and upon admission offer amazing financial aid
Visit the DACA site for more information.
Colleges to Checkout

The entire UC system

Pitzer College

Smith College

All CSUs




Reed College

Whitman College