Skip to main content


General Questions
  • How can I get a work permit?
    • Please email Mr. Hurtado and he can provide you with a work permit.  His email is:
  • Why does my homelink display multiple other classes that I am not enrolled in anymore?  
    • Your homelink account might still show previous classes that you were registered for if a teacher has not dropped you from their gradebook yet.
  • When can I exchange/return my textbooks?
    • Please email Ms. Lindenheimer ( and she can help you figure out when you can drop off/pick up books.
  • What do the new attendance marks mean for distance learning?
    • P = Present: Online synchronous instruction, 1:1 office hours
    • 4 = Online Activity: Completed a test, turning in assignments, etc.
    • 3 = Communication w/ Certificated Staff: 2-way communication with student and/or parent online or by email
    • A = Absent (none of the above engagement)
  • What do I do if I failed a class and need to make it up?
    • You can enroll in summer school to make up either 1 semester or 2 semesters of a class.  For example: 1 semester of Biology and 1 semester of Algebra I.  Or both semesters of the same class.
    • You can enroll in cyber high which is an online credit recovery program and it can only be taken during 0 and 6th period.
    • You can enroll in classes at the Loma Vista Adult Education Center.  Classes will begin on September 8th and run through December 4th.  They will be offering English I - IV, US history, World History, Algebra I, and Geometry.  Classes will meet remotely from 3:45pm to 6:00 pm, twice a week.
  • How do I sign up for cyber high?
    • Your counselor will sign you up.  If you have not already spoken with your counselor about this, please email your counselor.  Cyber high classes begin the first few weeks after school begins.
  • How can I take classes at DVC?
    • If you would like to take community college level courses, please visit this website:
    • You must first apply to DVC
    • Then submit a Special Admission Recommendation Form.  Once completed, that form will automatically be sent to your counselor to sign electronically.
Tech Questions
  • What do I do if I do not have a laptop or if my school-issued Chromebook does not work?
    •  Please call the main office (925-672-7670) to speak with Ms. Kanan or email her at to pick up a chromebook.
  • How can I set my homelink password?
    • Please call the main office (925-672-7670) to speak with Ms. Kanan or email her at, or email your counselor.
  • How can I reset my .net email password?
  • Where is the code to access my google classroom?
    • Access codes are posted on homelink on your profile with the list of your classes.
  • How do I get to my zoom class?
    • You have to log into google classroom first, then find the zoom link that your teacher has posted in the classroom.
For Seniors
  • I need a transcript sent to a university I am applying to, how do I request that?
    • Please request your transcript through Naviance. Do not email your Counselor or the Registrar to request one.  
    • Naviance is being monitored by our College and Career Advisor, Mr. Walters, who sends out transcripts on a weekly basis. 
  • How do I get into Naviance?  My password doesn’t work.
    • Access Naviance through and use your .net MDUSD account. You won’t be able to access Naviance directly through their website. 
  • I need a COUNSELOR letter of recommendation, what do I do?
    • Please log into Naviance to complete your brag sheet.   Be sure to request a letter of recommendation well ahead of its due date (minimum of 3 weeks).  Late or last minute requests cannot be honored. Counselor letter of recommendation CANNOT be requested on Naviance, please email your counselor directly. 
  • I need a TEACHER letter of recommendation, what do I do?
    • Reach out to the teacher(s) directly, via email or phone.  After your teacher agrees to write your letter, complete the teacher recommendation letter request in Naviance. Be sure to complete your brag sheet and to give your teacher three weeks notice before the due date.